Rocky Mountain Hawken
The Rocky Mountain Hawken was symbolic of the transition from heavy, small-caliber long rifles to more practical and powerful plains rifles. First produced in 1840 by brothers Jacob and Samuel Hawken in their St. Louis gunshop, the firearm also marked the end of the flintlock in favor of the more modern percussion system. With a strong, larger caliber barrel, the Rocky Mountain Hawken provided energy and accuracy that soon made it a constant companion of mountain men. Features a maple stock, rust-brown barrel, case-hardened finish, and double-set trigger.